Lemongrass is a powerful oil with excellent antimicrobial properties that makes it useful in a wide variety of cases. It has been studied for its abilitiy to prevent atherosclerosis, candida infection, lower fevers and prevent oxidation. Lemongrass, along with Orange oil and Frankincense oil, is frequently studied for its cancer preventive qualities.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from organic lemongrass leaves and stems|
|1:3 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Lemongrass has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Kill or retard bacteria, mold, and fungi
- Improve and lift mood
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Prevent aging by reducing cellular oxidation
- Prevent hardening of the arteries
- Shrink or tighten body tissues by removing water and increasing urination
- Stimulate appetite and support digestion
- Reduce fever
- Repel insects
- Increase the secretion of breast milk
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
- Expand or dilate blood vessel walls
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.