According to Dr. Daniel Pénoël, lemon is the universal fragrance, enjoyed and appreciated by cultures all over the world. It has been studied for a long list of beneficial properties, including its function as a detoxifier and a digestive. It has a very gentle sedative effect that calms the mind and helps relieve stress.
Country of origin
|Mechanically expressed from organic lemon peel|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Lemon has been traditionally used to:
- Kill or retard bacteria, mold, and fungi
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Shrink or tighten body tissues by removing water and increasing urination
- Lower blood pressure
- Help control blood glucose levels
- Prevent hardening of the arteries
- Strengthen blood vessels
- Thin the blood and help prevent internal blood clots
- Stop external bleeding and close wounds or cuts by constricting blood vessels
- Detoxify the blood and lymph
- Stimulate appetite and support digestion
- Relieve gas
- Help dissolve stones in the kidneys and gall bladder
- Strengthen and support the pancreas
- Stimulate the immune system and increase resistance to infection
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
This oil is a 2 on the Aroma Shield Safety Scale and requires 1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil) dilution to use topically.
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Avoid sun exposure for 12-24 hours after applying this essential oil topically.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.