Coriander oil is steam-distilled from the seeds of the coriander plant--also known as cilantro. Its unique aroma has been used in perfumes and in liquors. Therapeutically, it has a history of helping with digestive issues, but a 2011 university study in Portugal showed it may have strong potential to destroy bacteria associated with digestive illnesses as well as MRSA.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from ground coriander seeds|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Coriander has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Kill or retard bacteria
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Kill or retard intestinal parasites
- Relax tension in muscles and organs
- Relieve symptoms of gas (flatulence)
- Detoxify the blood and lymph
- Stimulate appetite and support digestion
- Help convert fat into free fatty acids that can be used by cells for energy
- Support and improve nerve function
- Stimulates the central nervous system including mind, mood, and mental function
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.