Spikenard has been used since ancient times and is specifically referred to in the Bible. (Mary, the sister of Lazarus, used it to anoint Jesus' feet - John 12:3). It is traditionally used for skin and scalp health, having a reputation of helping with dandruff and allergies. It is also believed by many aromatherapists to have a calming, yet balancing effect on heart and nerves, hence its use in meditation and prayer.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from spikenard root
|Neat (no dilution necessary)
Spikenard has been traditionally used to:
- Kill or retard bacteria, mold, and fungi
- Relieve tension in muscles and organs
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Invigorate and supports heart function
- Tone and strengthen blood vessels
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.