Cedarwood is a calming and grounding essential oil that has been used since ancient times as a tonic to support the skin and scalp. In addition to its antimicrobial properties, Cedarwood is reputed to have benefits as a circulatory and lymph tonic.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from cedarwood needles and twigs
|Neat (no dilution necessary)
Cedarwood has traditionally been used to:
- Kill or retard bacteria
- Kill or retard molds and fungi
- Fight infection topically
- Shrink and tighten body tissues after topical application
- Strengthen blood vessels and improve blood flow
- Remove water from tissues and increase urination
- Loosen airway mucus by increasing secretions
- Kill insects
- Help convert fat into free fatty acids that can be used by cells for energy.
- Promote lymphatic drainage and reduce lymph node congestion
- Increase circulation and stimulate hair follicles in the scalp
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
Neat (no dilution necessary)
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Cedarwood can be used on the soles of the feet for children 2 years old and older with little risk of skin reaction on children's sensitive skin. Higher quality oils are gentler on children's skin, which is why Aroma Shield only recommends organic essential oils for use on children.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.