The Boswellia Serrata species of the Frankincense family is the one that has been traditionally used for research into joint pain relief because its higher content of boswellic acids. While some experts are convinced that the boswellic acids themselves do not distill over into the oil, several studies have shown that boswellia serrata has a more pronounced effect that regular Frankincense when used for pain relief and inflammation relief.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from frankincense serrata resin|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Frankincense Serrata has been traditionally used to:
- Analgesic: Reduces and soothes localized pain
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces pain/redness/swelling/heat symptoms that accompany inflammation
- Antioxidant: Reduces cellular oxidation and prevents aging
- Anxiolytic: Calms and settles the conscious mind to relieve anxiety and panic
- Astringent: Shrinks or tightens body tissues after topical application
- Cicatrisant: Facilitates the closing and healing of open cuts and wounds
- Diuretic: Removes water from body tissues and increases urination
- Emmenagogue: Promotes more regular and less painful menstruation
- Expectorant: Loosens airway mucus by increasing secretions
- Immunostimulant: Stimulates the immune system and increases resistance to infection
- Neurotonic: Supports and improves nerve function
- Sedative: Calms and soothes the central nervous system
- Uterotonic: Supports the health of the uterus
- Vulnerary: Promotes healing of wounds with broken skin such as abscesses, eruptions, and cuts
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.