Hyssop is considered a very strong anti-infectious oil, and is reported to be antiviral as well as antibacterial. It has been used since biblical times for its antiseptic qualities. Its properties make it suitable for colds and coughs, but because it is a strong oil, it should always be diluted before topical application.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from hyssop leaves and stems|
|1:3 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Hyssop has traditionally been used to:
- Kill or retard bacteria and viruses
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Dissolve mucus
- Suppress the urge to cough
- Tighten vessels in the nose, throat, and sinuses, reducing inflammation and mucus
- Increase blood pressure
- Stop external bleeding and close wounds or cuts by constricting blood vessels
- Stimulate appetite and support digestion
- Shrink or tighten body tissues by removing water and increasing urination
- Promote more regular and less painful menstruation
- Help convert fat into free fatty acids that can be used for energy
- Help dissolve stones in the kidneys or gall bladder
- Expel intestinal worms
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
High Blood Pressure Warning
Avoid using this essential oil if you have been diagnosed with or are being treated for high blood pressure (hypertension) as they may increase your blood pressure.
Avoid using this essential oil if you have been diagnosed with or are being treated for epilepsy.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.