Since biblical times, myrrh has been used for a variety of ailments, but is traditionally used for healing mouth sores/ulcers and promoting healthy menstruation in women. It is also often used in formulas for skin health. It has an earthy, wooden aroma, deeper than frankincense, which for some is particularly calming.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from myrrh resin|
|Neat (no dilution necessary)
Myrrh has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Fight infection topically
- Relieve tension in muscles and organs
- Shrink or tighten body tissues when applied topically
- Relieve gas
- Invigorate and support heart function
- Close wounds or cuts by constricting blood vessels
- Strengthen blood vessels and improve blood flow
- Promote more regular and less painful menstruation
- Loosen airway mucus
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.