This common spice is the source of an unusual and useful essential oil. Nutmeg oil is known primarily for its analgesic (pain reducing) and digestive properties. It can soothe painful muscles and joints as well as stimulate appetite and digestive processes. It is a stimulant oil so should not be used at bed time.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from ground organic nutmeg seeds|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Nutmeg has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Kill or retard bacteria
- Fight infection topically
- Increase sexual desire and function
- Strengthen blood vessels and improve blood flow
- Stimulate mind, mood, and mental function
- Support and improve nerve function
- Stimulate appetite and supports digestion
- Relieve gas
- Promote more regular and less painful menstruation
- Support the health of the prostate gland
- Supports the health of the uterus
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.