Peppermint's primary ingredient is menthol, which contributes to its analgesic properties. It is also commonly used for headache relief by applying a drop on each temple. It has been studied as a means to improve focus and concentration, and it has also be researched in dozens of studies for its ability to calm digestive and intestinal upsets. Along this line, many find peppermint especially helpful in calming nausea.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from organic peppermint leaves and stems|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Peppermint has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling from inflammation
- Reduce cellular oxidation and prevent aging
- Heal broken skin, abscesses, eruptions, and cuts
- Help close and heal open cuts and wounds
- Remove water from body tissues and increase urination
- Shrink or tighten body tissues after topical application
- Loosen airway mucus by increasing secretions
- Stimulate the immune system and increase resistance to infection
- Relieve anxiety and panic by calming and settling the mind
- Support and improve nerve function
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
- Support uterine health
- Promote more regular and less painful menstruation
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Never use peppermint oil near the nose or throat of a child under 30 months of age. It can cause spasms of the larynx resulting in suffocation.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.