Sage is powerful oil which, though it has many medical properties, must be used with care. It is often found as an ingredient in blends or formulas rather than used by itself. It is believed by many aromatherapists to be regenerative for hair, scalp and skin, and is often found in formulas for preventing hair loss and healing stretch marks and keloid scars. Some find its unique aroma helpful in reducing mental fatigue.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from sage leaves and stems
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Sage has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Kill or retard bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungi
- Relieve tension in the muscles and organs
- Reduce perspiration
- Strengthen blood vessels and improve blood flow
- Increase appetite and support digestion
- Remove water from body tissues and increase urination
- Promote regular and less painful menstruation
- Decrease the secretion of breast milk
- Reduce fever
- Increase blood pressure
- Repel insects
- Relieve constipation and promotes bowel movements
- Stimulate the small intestine to digest fats
- Help convert fat into free fatty acids that can be used for energy
- Dissolve mucus
- Support and improve nerve function
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
High Blood Pressure Warning
Avoid using this essential oil if you have been diagnosed with or are being treated for high blood pressure (hypertension) as they may increase your blood pressure.
Avoid using this essential oil if you have been diagnosed with or are being treated for epilepsy.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.