Spearmint is similar to peppermint, except that it has a slightly sweeter aroma and has only trace amounts of menthol, making it less harsh on the skin. Thus spearmint is preferable over peppermint for use on children with digestive problems such as nausea or diarrhea. Some have found spearmint effective in preventing hair loss. Inhaling the aroma has a decongesting effect on sinuses. Most people will find it relaxing and soothing, mentally.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from organic spearmint leaves and stems|
|1:1 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Spearmint has been traditionally used to:
- Kill or retard mold and fungi
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Relieve tension in muscles and organs OR relaxes muscles and organs
- Relieve gas
- Improve appetite and support digestion
- Stimulate the small intestine to digest fats
- Promote perspiration to eliminate toxins
- Mask or neutralize unpleasant body odors
- Repel insects
- Dissolve mucus
- Calm and soothe the central nervous system
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.