Due to its high content of phenols, thyme is a very powerful antimicrobial. It must be diluted for topical applications. In scores of studies, thyme oil has demonstrated an ability to kill or retard some of the worst bacteria, fungi and viruses. It is also a stimulant oil, which has been historically used for mental clarity, courage and focus. Aromatherapists also recommend this oil as a circulatory stimulant and as an aid to digestion.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from organic thyme leaves and stems|
|1:5 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Thyme has been traditionally used to:
- Kill or retard bacteria, mold, and fungi
- Fight infection topically
- Kills intestinal parasites
- Expel intestinal worms
- Prevents aging by reducing cellular oxidation
- Relieve tension in muscles and organs
- Relieve gas
- Facilitate the closing and healing of open cuts and wounds
- Strengthen blood vessels and improve blood flow
- Stimulate appetite and support digestion
- Remove water from body tissues and increase urination
- Loosen airway mucus
- Increase blood pressure
- Repel insects
- Improve concentration
- Support and improve nerve function
- Stimulate hair follicles in the scalp
- Promote perspiration to eliminate toxins
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
High Blood Pressure Warning
Avoid using this essential oil if you have been diagnosed with or are being treated for high blood pressure (hypertension) as they may increase your blood pressure.
Can be used in small amounts as a flavoring to fresh or prepared food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.