Wintergreen has a pleasant candy-like aroma, but must be used with care as an essential oil. since it is usually 90% methyl salicylate, which contains the same active ingredient as aspirin. When used correctly, wintergreen may significantly reduce inflammation and pain in sore or arthritic joints and strained muscles.
Country of origin
|Steam-distilled from organic wintergreen leaves and stems|
|1:2 (parts essential oil to carrier oil)
Wintergreen has been traditionally used to:
- Reduce and soothe localized pain
- Relieve joint pain from arthritis and rheumatism
- Reduce pain, redness, and swelling that accompanies inflammation
- Relieve tension in muscles and organs
- Fight infection when applied topically
- Improve concentration
- Suppress the urge to cough
- Shrink or tighten body tissues when applied topically
- Remove water from body tissues and increases urination
- Promote more regular and less painful menstruation
- Increase the secretion of breast milk
Keep out of reach of children and well away from eye area. If pregnant or under doctor's care, consult your physician before using.
High Blood Pressure Warning
Avoid using this essential oil if you are taking any blood thinner medications such as aspirin, heparin, or warfarin.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Aroma Shield products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.